Sweet Spinach and Mandarin Orange Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a blender, combine the orange juice concentrate, sugar, vinegar, onion and salt. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. Transfer to a small pitcher or bowl. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until chilled.
- On salad plates, arrange the spinach, mandarin oranges and almonds. Drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 318 calories, 25g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 141mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Feb 22, 2015
I brought this to a soup and salad potluck and it was a hit! Obviously, the recipe is for the dressing and it was so creamy, sweet and tangy. The hostess asked if she could keep the leftovers. I will definitely make this again...this time for my family.
Sep 18, 2014
i made this back in 2007 and rated it "very good!"
Mar 24, 2014
Delicious and fresh tasting. Everyone loved this salad.
Nov 15, 2012
Very easy and refreshing salad.
May 21, 2012
We've been having this one again this year with our baby spinach. Great recipe and dressing keeps for a while.
Apr 19, 2011
Wow, I can't believe no one else has rated this! It's delicious, and very easy to prepare in advance for a special meal. I did leave out the almonds since my kids don't like them.