Sweet & Spicy Curried Nuts
The bowl is soon empty after I set out this zippy mix. You may want to make extra! —Ginny Carmen, Pearl River, NY
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 cups salted cashews
- 2 cups salted roasted almonds
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250°. In a large bowl, whisk egg white until frothy. Add nuts; stir gently to coat. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and seasonings. Sprinkle over nut mixture and toss to coat. Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until dry and crisp, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 226 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 276mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as SPICED COCKTAIL NUTS in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016