Sweet & Spicy Curried Nuts
The bowl is soon empty after I set out this zippy mix. You may want to make extra! —Ginny Carmen, Pearl River, NY
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 cups salted cashews
- 2 cups salted roasted almonds
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250°. In a large bowl, whisk egg white until frothy. Add nuts; stir gently to coat. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and seasonings. Sprinkle over nut mixture and toss to coat. Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until dry and crisp, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Originally published as SPICED COCKTAIL NUTS in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.