Sweet-Sour Zucchini Salad
"This make-ahead mixture can be served as a condiment or a salad," shares Jan Koppri, Mancos, Colorado. The flavorful marinade is also nice with cucumbers.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 7 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine vinegar and onion. Add the zucchini, celery and peppers.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over vegetables and stir gently. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 113 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Originally published as Sweet-Sour Zucchini Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.