Sweet-Sour Vegetable Salad Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) small peas, drained
- 3 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (7 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1. For dressing, combine the sugar, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Cover and chill for 8 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 24 servings.
1 cup: 219 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Sweet-Sour Vegetable Salad
"Yummy - like the combination of canned and fresh. Got many requests for the recipe"
"Great for potlucks - I use black beans instead of lima beans and cut the sugar almost in half without sacrificing taste."