Sweet & Sour Sausage
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine the preserves, cornstarch, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and reserved juice.
- In a large skillet, saute the sausage, onion and pepper in oil until vegetables are tender. Add sauce mixture and pineapple. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 557 calories, 34g fat (11g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 1216mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Jul 23, 2018
Love this dish. Simple easy and filling. My 92 year old father love this dish too.
Aug 14, 2017
My daughter and I really enjoyed this, and my husband thought it was pretty good. It is a nice alternative way to prepare sausage . We served it with corn muffins instead of rice. I will definitely make it again.
May 9, 2016
So delicious! I recommend brown rice. Very economical.- Theresa
Jul 28, 2014
This was a quick and easy recipe. Great flavor! I added yellow squash and used fresh pineapple. Would definitely make this again!
Apr 23, 2014
Love this recipe. Quick, easy, and yummy!An added bonus is that it's a great recipe to prep in advance. I chop the meat & veggies, mix up the sauce, and cook the rice. Then, it's super quick to cook the meat & veggies, add the sauce and reheat the rice - dinner is ready in minutes!
Mar 19, 2013
This was very good I made it with chicken instead but it was still good.
Oct 12, 2011
Great Meal. As I read over a recipe I think of what else would taste good. Firstly I did not use Polish Sausage but Bratwurst type of sausage(as I did not have polish sausage on hand). Added a bit of grated ginger to give some zip. Great flavour.
Jul 16, 2011
I really enjoyed it...very easy and quick to fix. :)
Mar 19, 2011
This recipe is so easy to make and tastes wonderful.
Dec 2, 2010
I made this for my family when the magazine 1st came to the house and they loved it. The only thing I would do differently is to add more of the sausage because there seemed a lot of sauce left over in the pan. I am making it as an appetizer to take tomorrow for the ladies Christmas party at church