Sweet-Sour Sausage Bites Recipe
"As a pastor's wife, I frequently entertain church groups in my home, so I'm always looking for new recipes," says Maretta Bullock of McNeil, Arkansas. "These quick and easy appetizers are not only delicious, they're colorful, too. I've made them many times."
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the sausage for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels; set aside. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, combine the cornstarch, salt and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Stir in the syrup, water and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Add the sausage, green pepper, cherries and pineapple. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender. Transfer to a shallow serving dish. Serve with toothpicks. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews for Sweet-Sour Sausage Bites
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC