- 16 frozen fully cooked meatballs (1/2 ounce each), thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place meatballs in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, vinegar and soy sauce; pour over meatballs. Add green pepper. Cover and cook on low for 4-1/2 hours.
- Stir in pineapple; cover and cook 30 minutes longer. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSweet-Sour Meatballs
"Comment & Question: This sounds good but I don't have a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Can I fix this in the oven or on the stovetop?"