I've been making these beets for special occasions ever since I found this recipe. They're so tasty and liked by just about everyone who's tried them. I grow beets in my garden, so I make them often.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (13-1/4 ounces each) sliced beets, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, flour and salt. Add the water, vinegar and butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Gently stir in the beets, pineapple and raisins; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 117 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Sweet-Sour Beets in Country Extra May 2001