Sweet & Savory Mini Apple Cheesecakes
Be prepared for a delightful surprise—the blue cheese in this dessert adds a touch of savory flavor that complements the sweetness of the apples. It’s always a big hit. —Jamie Jones, Madison Georgia
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + cooling Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven 375°. In a small bowl, mix oats, walnuts and brown sugar; stir in butter. Divide mixture among eight paper-lined muffin cups; press onto bottoms to form a crust. Bake 7-9 minutes or until light brown. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add egg; beat on low speed just until blended. Fold in blue cheese. Pour over crusts.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until centers are almost set. Cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes. Refrigerate overnight, covering after cheesecakes are completely cooled.
- In a large skillet, combine brown sugar, cream, butter and salt; bring to a boil. Add apples; return to a boil. Cook 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool completely.
- To serve, remove liners from cheesecakes. Top cheesecakes with apple mixture; sprinkle with walnuts.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Originally published as Cheesy Cakes with Toffee Apples in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.