Sweet & Savory Ice Cream Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 dried figs, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 4 heaping scoops vanilla ice cream
- 8 pizzelle cookies
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool. In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, figs and thyme.
- Top four cookies with a scoop of ice cream. Sprinkle with half of the walnut mixture and drizzle with melted chocolate. Combine cheese and vinegar. Spread over remaining cookies; place over top of sandwiches.
- Press remaining walnut mixture into sides. Wrap in plastic. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 ice cream sandwich: 828 calories, 61g fat (31g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein.
Aug 4, 2012
This is a fine recipe combining 8 Pizzelli cookies, with fruit, chocolate sauce, vanilla ice cream, Mascarpone cheese, & balsamic vinegar to create 4 each Ice Cream Sandwiches. It should taste quite delicious. Pizzelle are delicious Italian Cookies!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.