Sweet & Savory Cheese Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless raspberry or strawberry preserves
- Sliced green onions, optional
- Assorted crackers
- Spread pecans evenly over bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in cheddar cheese, green onions and bacon. Carefully spread over pecans. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove rim from pan. Spread preserves over top. If desired, top with sliced onions. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers): 161 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 17, 2019
Made for a small family group (10) and not one person liked this. The sharp cheddar and the sweet preserves did not compliment each other. Total waste of money and ingredients.
Apr 4, 2019
I have been making this for years..... I like to use homemade strawberry or raspberry pepper jelly.... gives it a nice twist.
Oct 9, 2018
Served this last night to our small group. Everyone really liked it and asked for the recipe. I didn't have time to prepare it the day before; in fact I made it about 4 hours before serving, and it was delicious! I used packaged bacon pieces. Recipe is quick and easy to prepare. A keeper!