Sweet & Savory Cheese Pie
Layer ruby-red preserves on a savory appetizer spread as the crowning touch. —Annette Whitmarsh, Lincoln, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless raspberry or strawberry preserves
- Sliced green onions, optional
- Assorted crackers
- Spread pecans evenly over bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in cheddar cheese, green onions and bacon. Carefully spread over pecans. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove rim from pan. Spread preserves over top. If desired, top with sliced onions. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers): 161 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Savory Cheese Pie with Strawberry Preserves in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.