Sweet Sausage ‘n’ Beans for 3
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3/4 cup baked beans
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, layer the carrot, onion, lima beans, green beans, sausage and baked beans. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard; pour over beans. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until vegetables are tender. Stir before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 302 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 1344mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 9g fiber), 20g protein.
Dec 27, 2010
The flavor was wonderful and so easy to make. I would cut down on the cooking time though. I used no salt ketchup to cut down on the sodium. I would also like to see a little bit more liquid.
Aug 7, 2010
My husband loves this recipe! I would add more carrots and green beans. My husband loves all the beans. It is yummy and easy to make. I will try it with corn bread next time! My friends also asked for this recipe after I heat up my lunch in the lunch room!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.