Sweet & Sassy Baby Back Ribs
My family loves this recipe and I always have to triple it when the entire gang is home. I usually have to make three to four slabs, because my family loves this and any leftover ribs taste great when reheated.—Terri Kandell, Addison, Michigan Teacher, Brooklyn Elementary, Brooklyn, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 2 hours 5 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup root beer
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Set aside 3 cups for basting and serving.
- Brush remaining sauce over ribs. Place bone side down on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until tender.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill ribs, covered, over medium heat for 15-25 minutes or until browned, turning and brushing occasionally with some of the reserved sauce. Cut into serving-size pieces; serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 605 calories, 31g fat (11g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 1084mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Sweet and Sassy Babyback Ribs in Taste of Home A+ Recipes from Schools Across America RTL 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.