Sweet Sandwich Cookies
This caramelly cookie is a past winner of our family's holiday bake-off. The tender brown sugar cookie melts together with the rich browned butter frosting for a yummy flavor combination. They are sweet, and so special.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- BROWNED BUTTER FILLING:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 5 teaspoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 1-1/2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork, forming a crisscross pattern.
- Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For filling, heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat until golden brown. Remove from the heat; stir in confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 235 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.