Sweet & Salty Cranberry Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, egg and butter until combined. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cranberries, cashews and chips over warm crust. Drizzle with milk. Bake 18-20 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 23, 2016
So Easy and so delicious! I made these for a meeting which ended up being cancelled. So I took them to "work" where I volunteer. Gone in no time! I made them a couuple of weeks later using a Devil's Food Cake Mix, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and Hershey's Cinnamon Chips with the cashews. WOW! just as good, but very rich. I may try with a carrot cake or spice cake mix next time. Everyone loves them because the crust doesn't fall apart like the graham cracker crust does on the "Clean Your Pantry Bars".