Sweet Salsa Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1-1/2 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Place the chicken in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with reserved marinade.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 179° Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir in pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 251 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1039mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Apr 22, 2015
Was not a fan of this one.
Dec 11, 2013
Delicious chicken! I served it with spinach, rice pilaf and crescent rolls.
May 15, 2013
Adding to our list of *favorites*. Thank you for sharing! K.
Sep 10, 2012
This was sooo good. I added the chicken to all the marinade....then poured all of it on top the meat in the pan. After the chicken was done, poured the liquid into a saucepan and thickened it with a bit of cornstarch. This way had plenty of good juicy sauce to go over rice too!!!
Sep 25, 2010
Very good and extremely easy to make. My 17 month old loved it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.