Sweet Red Pepper Salad
The garlic, oregano and olive oil give this salad a taste that's as bold as its color. We've eaten it as a side dish or piled high on garlic toast as an appetizer or snack. —Cookie Curci, San Jose, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 6 medium sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Place whole peppers on a broiler pan; broil 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 2-3 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers slightly. Continue broiling and rotating until all sides are blistered and blackened.
- Immediately place peppers in a brown paper bag. Close bag and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Peel off the charred skin and discard. Remove stem and seeds. Cut peppers into 1/4-in. wide strips.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, parsley, garlic, oregano and salt. Add peppers; toss to coat. Cover and chill for 3-4 hours. Serve on lettuce if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 194 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Feb 7, 2016
I had tried this recipe when it had first appeared in TOH! I just used Italian seasoning since I didn't have oregano available! I'd omitted parsley.This was a delicious salad! delowenstein