Sweet Raspberry Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons warm water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and sugar. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened (batter will be thick).
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of batter into 12 paper-lined muffin cups. Top with 1 teaspoon jam. Spoon the remaining batter (about 1 tablespoon each) over jam.
- Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth. Remove muffins to a wire rack. Drizzle glaze over warm muffins. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 168 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 297mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 27, 2013
good but very sweet. used strawberry pie filling that was leftover
Aug 2, 2012
I've made this recipe twice now and it's an easy treat to whip up, however using the measurements provided this recipe only yields 7 regular size muffins. These remind me more of a scone than a muffin but they're still tasty. You can use any variety of jam you have on hand, and you can also jazz up the glaze by adding a dash of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Mar 13, 2012
Delicious muffins! A little dry, but with a glass of milk they are perfect.
Jan 15, 2011
my kids love these muffins they are very quick and easy and you can sub and type of jam you have on hand
Nov 2, 2009
These were extremely short--too much shortening. The baking mix already has some in it, and then there was an additional 1/4 cup of butter. It just was too much. And they are VERY sweet. I was enthusiastic about the sound of these, but they were disappointing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.