Sweet Potatoes ‘n’ Pears
Pears add a sweet flavor boost to mashed sweet potatoes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 9 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes (about 4 medium)
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place the sweet potatoes in a shallow 3-qt. microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 18-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients; beat until combined.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 286 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 25, 2009
Made several times and I am asked for the recipe. Very good.
Nov 19, 2009
Served on Nov, 14th to 6 guest and everyone liked and a few ask for the recipe. I will cook these again.