Sweet Potatoes ‘n’ Pears
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 9 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes (about 4 medium)
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place the sweet potatoes in a shallow 3-qt. microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 18-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients; beat until combined.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 286 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 25, 2009
Made several times and I am asked for the recipe. Very good.
Nov 19, 2009
Served on Nov, 14th to 6 guest and everyone liked and a few ask for the recipe. I will cook these again.