Sweet Potatoes ‘n’ Pears
Pears add a sweet flavor boost to mashed sweet potatoes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 9 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes (about 4 medium)
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place the sweet potatoes in a shallow 3-qt. microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 18-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients; beat until combined.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 286 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Potatoes and Pears in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005
Dec 25, 2009
Made several times and I am asked for the recipe. Very good.
Nov 19, 2009
Served on Nov, 14th to 6 guest and everyone liked and a few ask for the recipe. I will cook these again.