Sweet Potatoes for Two Recipe
- 2 to 3 sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg or ground mace
- 1. Slice sweet potatoes into an 8-in. pie plate; set aside. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, water and salt; bring to a boil. Pour hot syrup over potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes, basting occasionally, or until syrup thickens and potatoes are glazed. Sprinkle with nutmeg or mace. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 425 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 443mg sodium, 81g carbohydrate (65g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Potatoes for Two
"easy to make and very good to eat!"
"Simple, easy, and delicious, I'll be making these again!"
"Really good, but its tastes better when you use raw potates instead of cooked. I bake them in the oven for about an hour and it tastes much better than having precooked. I double the recipe everyone loves it!!"
"My family loves sweet potatoes and thinks this recipe is definitely a keeper. I have no problem with this and will be making this for them many more times."
"easy to make. Not overly sweet, which was what I was looking for."