Sweet Potato Waldorf Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 medium apple, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Place sweet potato in a small saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, until just tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and cool completely.
- Peel potato and cube; combine with next five ingredients. In another bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream and lemon juice; pour over salad, and gently toss. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. If desired, serve on lettuce.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 294 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 18, 2013
Only change I made was to use dried cranberries in place of the raisins. I loved the taste and texture combinations of this salad! However, husband and kids didn't much care for it...the 4 of them agreed that the sweet potato seemed bland next to the sweetness of the apples and cranberries.
Dec 28, 2008
Actually, I enjoyed this dish. Something different. The kids did not care for it all. More of an adult dish