VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 medium tart apples
- 1 can (15 ounces) cut sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, divided
- Core apples and scoop out pulp, forming a 2-in. cavity; discard seeds. Chop pulp; place in a bowl. Add the sweet potatoes, brown sugar, syrup, butter, cinnamon, salt and 1 tablespoon almonds. Spoon into apples; sprinkle with remaining almonds.
- Place in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Stuffed Apples in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p127
Reviews forSweet Potato Stuffed Apples
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review