- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup V8 juice
- 2 teaspoons golden raisins
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Crumble beef into broth. Cover and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the remaining ingredients; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSweet Potato Stew
"I cook most of my soup or stew recipes in a Pressure Cooker shortening the cooking & prep times!"
"I had some sweet potatoes to use up and stumbled upon this recipe. I wasn't sure if the flavors would blend well, but I was pleasantly surprised at how good the stew tasted. I will definitely make this again!"