Sweet Potato Souffle
It's easy to see why this pretty orange side dish is a seasonal favorite for my family.—Linda Hoffman, Fort Wayne, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Arrange sweet potatoes in a microwave-safe dish; prick potatoes several times with a fork. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 13-15 minutes or until tender, turning once. Cool slightly.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp; discard shell. In a large bowl, mash pulp with butter. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Souffle in Casserole Cookbook