Sweet Potato Slaw
"I grew up in Louisiana, and we ate lots of sweet potatoes," says Brenda Sharon of Channing, Michigan. "They look like carrots in this distinctive salad."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups shredded peeled uncooked sweet potatoes
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until smooth. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, apple, pineapple and pecans. Add dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 269 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Slaw in Taste of Home October/November 1998