Sweet Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2-1/4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup pecan halves, chopped
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Torn mixed salad greens and chutney, optional
- Place sweet potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, 8-10 minutes or just until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add pineapple, pecans and orange juice.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, cream, curry powder, orange zest, vinegar and tarragon; pour over potato mixture and gently toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, until cold. If desired, serve with salad greens and chutney.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 498 calories, 43g fat (5g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
May 30, 2018
This out-of-the-ordinary salad is absolutely amazing...I wish I could give it more than 5 stars! I made the recipe as written (with the exception of using 1 1/2 tsp. of fresh tarragon for the 1/2 tsp. dried) and wouldn't change a thing. As a Volunteer Field Editor for TOH, I highly recommend it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.