Sweet Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2-1/4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup pecan halves, chopped
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Torn mixed salad greens and chutney, optional
- Place sweet potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, 8-10 minutes or just until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add pineapple, pecans and orange juice.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, cream, curry powder, orange zest, vinegar and tarragon; pour over potato mixture and gently toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, until cold. If desired, serve with salad greens and chutney.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 498 calories, 43g fat (5g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 30, 2018
This out-of-the-ordinary salad is absolutely amazing...I wish I could give it more than 5 stars! I made the recipe as written (with the exception of using 1 1/2 tsp. of fresh tarragon for the 1/2 tsp. dried) and wouldn't change a thing. As a Volunteer Field Editor for TOH, I highly recommend it!