Sweet Potato Pork Chops
Cut down on after-dinner cleanup with this one-dish meal from field editor Suzanne McKinley of Lyons, Georgia. Tender pork chops, sliced onion and sweet potato make it simply satisfying.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 slices onion (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 slices each tart apple and peeled sweet potato (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a skillet, brown pork chops in oil; place in a 1-qt. baking dish. Top with onion, apple and sweet potato. Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over the top. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 287 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 587mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Pork Chops in Taste of Home October/November 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.