Crushed pineapple adds moistness and subtle fruity flavor to this tasty layered cake. The cream cheese frosting is mouthwatering.—Joyce Walter, Nicholasville, Kentucky
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 7-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Divide the batter among three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Layer Cake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p130
Reviews forSweet Potato Pineapple Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review