Sweet Potato Pie Ice Cream Recipe
The real inspiration for this dessert was my craving for pumpkin pie. I decided to experiment, and this creamy confection was the result. You can also add cinnamon, nutmeg or allspice. —Rebecca Lyne, Mequon, Wisconsin
- 4 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1-1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 2 whole cinnamon graham crackers, quartered
- 1. In a blender, combine the first five ingredients; cover and process for 30 seconds or until smooth. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for at least 4 hours before serving. Serve in dessert dishes with graham crackers. Yield: 1 quart.
1/2 cup with 1/4 graham cracker: 188 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Pie Ice Cream
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC