Sweet Potato Pie Ice Cream
The real inspiration for this dessert was my craving for pumpkin pie. I decided to experiment, and this creamy confection was the result. You can also add cinnamon, nutmeg or allspice. —Rebecca Lyne, Mequon, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + freezing
- 4 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1-1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 2 whole cinnamon graham crackers, quartered
- In a blender, combine the first five ingredients; cover and process for 30 seconds or until smooth. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for at least 4 hours before serving. Serve in dessert dishes with graham crackers.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup with 1/4 graham cracker: 188 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Pie Ice Cream in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.