- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Add milk, sweet potatoes, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; mix well. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forSweet Potato Pie
"easy to make and absolutely delicious."
"I did exactly as the directions instructed and it turned out perfect!!! I also made this same pie for and older coworker of mine, for his birthday, and he said "It was so good, tasted just like how my momma use to make it"... FOOD COMPLEMENTS DON'T COME BETTER THAN THAT!"
"I have been making this for many years."
"Came out great"
"My grandson told me he don't like sweet potato so i ask him to just taste a little piece to see if he would like it and he loved it so much he ask for a big piece. Thank you so much for this sample recipe."
"Great recipe. Added a teaspoon of lemon extract. Came out great"
"Let cook for and 1hour and 15 minutes on 350 for a perfect pie with out burnt crust"