Sweet Potato Pear Casserole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons pear juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 3 medium firm pears, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Pierce sweet potatoes and place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 13-15 minutes or until tender. Cool. Peel and cut into 1/4-in. slices; set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the orange juice and pear juice until smooth. Stir in butter and salt. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, or until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in raisins.
- In an 8-in. square microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray, layer half of the sweet potatoes, pears and sauce. Repeat layers. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until pears are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 148 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Feb 24, 2015
This recipe was a surprise! Tasty side dish for fall/winter that went well with pork or beef. Hubby loved the orange sauce. I used a drained can of pears as I didn't have fresh ones. Apples would also work well if you didn't have pears.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.