Sweet Potato, Pear, and Fig Crisp
My unusual fruit crisp celebrates the flavors of the holidays. Offer it as a side, or add ice cream to make it a standout dessert. —Deanna McDonald, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) cut sweet potatoes in syrup, undrained
- 2 medium pears, peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces dried figs, quartered
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Drain sweet potatoes, reserving 3 tablespoons syrup. Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Stir in pears, figs, maple syrup, lemon juice, allspice and reserved sweet potato syrup. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the first seven topping ingredients. Stir in oil and maple syrup; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until fruit is tender. If desired, serve warm with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 488 calories, 21g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 76g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 10g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Potato, Pear, and Fig Crisp in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.