Sweet Potato Patties with Orange Relish
For something other than sweet potato casserole, we serve sweet potato croquettes as a unique side dish.They're easier than you would think to make, and the relish can be prepared ahead and served chilled. —Radelle Knappenberger, Oviedo, Florida
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min.
- 4 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 medium navel oranges, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, eggs, brown sugar, butter and salt. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Shape into 12 oval patties; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Place walnuts in a shallow bowl; coat patties in nuts.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, orange juice, brown sugar and honey. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in oranges and, if desired, walnuts. Serve with patties.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.