For something other than sweet potato casserole, we serve sweet potato croquettes as a unique side dish.They're easier than you would think to make, and the relish can be prepared ahead and served chilled. —Radelle Knappenberger, Oviedo, Florida
Recommended: 66 Recipes to Make This Spring
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 medium navel oranges, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, eggs, brown sugar, butter and salt. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Shape into 12 oval patties; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Place walnuts in a shallow bowl; coat patties in nuts.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, orange juice, brown sugar and honey. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in oranges and, if desired, walnuts. Serve with patties. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Patties with Orange Relish in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p116
Reviews forSweet Potato Patties with Orange Relish
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 21, 2017
"I didn't add the crust to the patties"