Sweet Potato Pancakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Finely chopped sweet red pepper and sliced green onions, optional
- In a bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, onions, eggs, flour, salt and pepper; mix well. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray; flatten slightly.
- Bake at 400° for 8 minutes; turn pancakes over. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and pancakes are golden brown. Top with sour cream; garnish with red pepper and onions if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 171 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Oct 27, 2013
My family loves these pancakes! When I make them, I use less pepper and substitute plain Greek yogurt for the sour cream.
Jan 4, 2013
I thought this was excellent, but it was a bit too spicy for my small children. Next time I'll put in a bit less pepper.
Jan 4, 2013
We thought this was very good. Next time I might put in less pepper. It was a bit spicy for my small children, but I thought it was excellent the way it was.
Nov 1, 2010
Great QUICK meal addition. Very filling and tasty. The sour cream seems to over power the delicate taste of the sweet potatoes. My husband and I ate these with fried eggs. Will be keeping this recipe around!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.