Sweet Potato Pancakes with Caramel Sauce
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min./batch
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup canned sweet potatoes, mashed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 jar (12 ounces) hot caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped unsalted cashews, toasted
- Whipped butter, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, sweet potatoes and melted butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- Drizzle with caramel topping; sprinkle with nuts. Serve with whipped butter if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 pancakes with about 2 tablespoons sauce and 1 tablespoon cashews: 432 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 583mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 6, 2017
Mar 11, 2012
Very good! I only had maple syrup though. . . not the caramel sauce. Not the same. I defineteley will use caramel sauce next time.
Mar 5, 2012
these were fabulous! perfect combo of fluffy yet dense and filling. Topped with the warm caramel sauce, I have been made a believer!
Mar 3, 2012
Just love it!! good way to start the day.