- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Finely chopped sweet red pepper and sliced green onions, optional
- In a bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, onions, eggs, flour, salt and pepper; mix well. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray; flatten slightly.
- Bake at 400° for 8 minutes; turn pancakes over. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and pancakes are golden brown. Top with sour cream; garnish with red pepper and onions if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forSweet Potato Pancakes
"My family loves these pancakes! When I make them, I use less pepper and substitute plain Greek yogurt for the sour cream."
"I thought this was excellent, but it was a bit too spicy for my small children. Next time I'll put in a bit less pepper."
"We thought this was very good. Next time I might put in less pepper. It was a bit spicy for my small children, but I thought it was excellent the way it was."
"Great quick meal addition. Very filling and tasty. The sour cream seems to over power the delicate taste of the sweet potatoes. My husband and I ate these with fried eggs. Will be keeping this recipe around!"