Sweet Potato Pan Rolls Recipe
This tender rolls are one of my brothers favorites so I make them often. Spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg, they are great along side a wide variety of dishes from chicken to a bowl of steaming chili.—Carly Curtin, Ellicott City, Maryland
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups bread flour
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sweet potato, butter, honey, oil, egg, salt, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and 1 cup flour. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 16 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball. Place in two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes or until doubled.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 rolls.
1 roll: 154 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Pan Rolls
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC