Sweet Potato Orange Cups Recipe
- 3 large sweet potatoes (2 to 2-1/2 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1 can (6 ounces) orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 large oranges, halved
- 32 additional miniature marshmallows
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or just until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the sweet potatoes, concentrate, sugar, cream and butter on low speed until smooth. Stir in 3/4 cup marshmallows and pecans; set aside.
- 3. Remove pulp from oranges, leaving a shell. (Discard pulp or save for another use.) Spoon sweet potato mixture into shells. Place four marshmallows on top of each.
- 4. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 401 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 83g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 9g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Orange Cups
"We made these over the holidays, the kids loved them too, they were very light tasting."
"These were absolutely yummy!"
"I have been making this for years using some orange peel in the sweet potato mixture and some orange juice. If you heat the filling and fill the orange shells at the last minute, they only take enough time in the oven to melt the marshmallows. Be sure you oranges are the freshest you can obtain. Tip: Use the scooped out orange pulp for ambrosia, Yum!"
"I made these once and the oil from the orange peel made the sweet potatoes very bitter What did I do wrong?"