Sweet Potato Mini Loaves
Here's a wonderful present for drop-in visitors, the kids' teachers or neighbors. One batch makes six adorable mini loaves-and you might add some butter or cream cheese for an extra-special present.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
Makes6 mini loaves
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup water
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, sweet potatoes and oil. Combine the flours, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt; add to sweet potato mixture alternately with water.
- Pour into 6 greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.