Sweet Potato Mini Loaves
Here's a wonderful present for drop-in visitors, the kids' teachers or neighbors. One batch makes six adorable mini loaves-and you might add some butter or cream cheese for an extra-special present.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
Makes6 mini loaves
- 4 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup water
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, sweet potatoes and oil. Combine the flours, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt; add to sweet potato mixture alternately with water.
- Pour into six greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 153 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Mini Loaves in Country Woman Christmas 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.