Sweet Potato Loaf Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 4 to 5 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Whisk together the sweet potatoes, eggs and oil. Add sugar; whisk until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in walnuts and raisins (batter will be thick). Transfer to two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans.
- 2. Bake at 350 ° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- 3. Meanwhile, for glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar, orange peel and enough orange juice to achieve desired consistency. Spread over warm loaves; sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 slice: 279 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Loaf
"I used the glaze for another sweet potato bread recipe and the glaze made such a difference! I got a lot of compliments!"