When family stays over after a holiday dinner, we make sweet potato dumplings, bacon and eggs for breakfast. Later, we even serve dumplings for dessert. —Mary Leverette, Columbia, South Carolina
Recommended: 45 Recipes to Make with Apple Cider
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1-1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Roll out each biscuit into a 3-in. circle. In a small bowl, mix sweet potatoes and 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Place 1 tablespoon sweet potato mixture on one side of each circle. Fold dough over filling. Press edges with a fork to seal. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan, overlapping slightly.
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine sugars, water, butter and remaining cinnamon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over dumplings. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Dumplings with Caramel Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p176