- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup whipping topping
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes and place in large bowl; mash. Add marshmallow creme and butter; beat until smooth. Beat in the milk, eggs and extracts.
- Combine the sugars, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; gradually beat into potato mixture and mix well. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSweet Potato Custard Pie
"I love this recipe and it is the only on that gives just the right texture and it is so smooth. Every time I make them always have to make at least two or three and they always get gone.. This recipe is the BEST.."
"this was a HIT @ Thanksgiving,! cant wait 2 make it again this yr =)"
"This recipe sounds really good! Can it be made with canned sweet potatoes or canned pumpkin? And how much would I use?"