Sweet Potato Curry
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 celery ribs (including tops), chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) light coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- Hot cooked rice
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute celery and onions until tender, 3-5 minutes. Stir in sweet potatoes, garlic, seasonings, coconut milk and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, just until potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in green beans and chickpeas; cook, uncovered, until green beans are tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups curry mixture: 314 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 502mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 9g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 fat, 1 lean meat.
Jul 16, 2019
I would not recommend making this recipe or following these instructions. The ratios did not make a curry substance and the cooking times did not come close to what was necessary to cook the potatoes nor green beans. This recipe seems rushed and the website is just crawling with advertisements.