Sweet Potato Cupcakes
Yum! Dotted with tangy pineapple bits and crunchy nuts, these spiced seasonal goodies are bound to become an instant hit.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- PINEAPPLE-CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, pie spice, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, combine eggs sweet potatoes, pineapple and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and raisins. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350° for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add the confectioners’ sugar, pineapple and vanilla; beat until blended. Frost cupcakes.
Nutrition Facts1 frosted cupcake: 401 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Potato cupcakes with Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting in Country Woman Christmas 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.