- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 3 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes (about 3 medium)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cake mix and pecans; cut in butter until crumbly. Press mixture onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg and 2 tablespoons milk until smooth; set aside. Stir together sweet potatoes, remaining eggs, remaining milk and pie spice; pour over pecan mixture. Dollop cream cheese mixture over sweet potato mixture. Cut through cream cheese mixture with a knife to swirl into sweet potato mixture.
- Bake until set and slightly golden on top, about 45 minutes. Allow to cool completely; chill before cutting into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forSweet Potato Cream Cheese Bars
"These turned out great! Everyone enjoyed them, and several asked for the recipe."
"Wow! These are really good! I added 1 tsp vanilla and about 1/8 tsp salt to the sweet potato layer. Great fall flavors!"