VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 7 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2-2/3 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk, oil and sweet potatoes. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into squares. Serve warm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Corn Bread in Country Extra September 2004, p49