- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-2/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, sweet potatoes, oil and milk until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in raisins and walnuts.
- Transfer to four greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 loaves (6 slices each).
Reviews forSweet Potato Cinnamon Bread
"My across-the-street neighbor, Carolee, made this delicious quick bread. She followed the recipe exactly and the result was a moist and delicious quick bread with the subtle taste of sweet potato. The raisins added just the right amount of extra sweetness and the walnuts added a nice crunch. If I'd do anything different when I make this recipe, I'd toast the walnuts. Other than that..... delicious!!"
"I plan to use some leftover baked sweet potatoes from Thanksgiving to see how that works out."
"I made this Sweet Potato bread and it's over the top good, so moist , going to make more to give to family and friends when I make up goodie trays for the holidays. The recipe made seven 5-3/4 x 3 x 2 loafs and they raised up way above the pans, I used Bakers Joy non stick spray instead of greasing the pans. Awesome ! Awesome ! bread......I also wrapped all but one loaf in press and seal and put in zip lock baggy and froze, I had to sample the 7 th loaf."
"I made this today and followed the recipe to the letter except I substituted pecans for walnuts. It was exceptional."
"The recipe was so awesome and so delicious. The 1st time I made it I followed the recipe. The 2nd time I made it I didn't put in raisins and instead of milk I used egg nog. I will definitely be making the bread more often."
"I cannot make a review yet, but I have a question. Would the cinnamon chips possibly be a good addition? My review will bring the stats down but I have not tried the recipe yet."
"Made recipe exactly as written. Delicious!!! Took longer to bake - such big loaves. Next time I will make 3 medium loaves."
"Well we really like this recipe. I must confess that I did make a few changes, partly because of what I had on hand. I baked the sweet potatoes, then mashed them, and I used craisins, rather than raisins, and probably about 1 1/2 cup walnuts. I baked 2 small loaves, and 1 in what is called a coffee cake pan. I am sharing the results with my neighbors. Thank you for the recipe!"