Sweet Potato Cheese Ball
My husband and I farm 300 acres of sweet potatoes. I promote our product at fairs, ag expos and school functions. I pass out recipes and this is one of the favorites.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makesabout 3 cups
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana hot sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Assorted crackers, breadsticks or raw vegetables
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sweet potatoes until smooth. Add the next seven ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until easy to handle. Shape into a ball; cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Serve with crackers, breadsticks or vegetables.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 71 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Cheese Ball in Country October/November 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.